Monday, January 4, 2010

My Julie Powell Inspiration




Having watched "Julie & Julia" over the New Year's weekend, I was inspired by the character, Julie Powell. If you have not seen it, Julie pledges to cook 564 recipes from the Julia Child's cookbok, Mastering the Art of French Cuisine, in 365 days. She blogged every day about the recipes she made. It is a true story and a cute movie.

As you may have not noticed, I have NOT blogged for some time and I have no good excuse for it. I am going to try a new year of blogging with new projects so I can hopefully keep my creative mojo ticking.

I wanted to do a Julie Powell goal and make one card for each of the 365 days this year. I know me, and that's a lot of pressure. I decided to shorten the goal to 1 card for each of the 31 days in January. That's more me. Start small and work my way up.

Today is January the 4th so I finished four cards. That is a huge step for me since my creative side has been on strike for the last several months. Julie at Xyron will be happy that I am trying to create again. I think she officially gave up on me. : )

Hope everyone's new year is starting out good!


No comments:

Post a Comment