Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Blog Post-Yay!



After much consideration and much urging from my peers (are they still called peers at 35?), I have finally taken the plunge into blogging.  I am not afraid to admit my faults and I really think that I am not disciplined enough to keep up with the blog.  I have no reason not to.  I work on this computer all day long from my home.  It should be very easy to pop over and make a quick post.  This is all part of a "making my life more productive plan".  Kind of like starting the New Year's resolutions a little early.  It took me two days just to figure out how to create a header and I am not all that happy with it.  I had to use two different Adobe programs then upload it to a web photo hosting site before I could even get it to load onto this blog.  What a pain.  I'm tired and I almost gave up but persevered.  It will all get better with time.

So for my first project posting, I thought I would just post what I have been working on this week.  Xyron will be on QVC later this month again with Lisa Bearnson so I am busy making projects to showcase the Xyron Personal Cutting System.  So far I have created a jewelery box (as you can see in the above picture) that I cut by hand from a pattern that I saw on another blog (and I wish I remember which one). I decorated it using the "A Gift of Love" paper line from BoBunny.  I cut the white fancy square and all the heart using the XPCS.  The heart on the top is actually four hearts stacked to together to give it dimension then I added Doodlebug flocking.  The inside white heart is also flocked but it is hard to tell from the pics.  On the candy jar, I cut the heart file on vinyl using the PCS.  I then used etching cream and etched it on to the jar.  I am very happy with the way it turned out. Need to finish a couple other projects for QVC and then I will post pics of those as I go.

Happy Wednesday!



4 comments:

  1. very nice.

    I found today Save Our Environment that everyone has to see and rate 5. We can save lives, I'm trying to get the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Love the Jar! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute artwork you have there, I wish I was creative as you!

    ReplyDelete