Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Blog Post-Yay!



After much consideration and much urging from my peers (are they still called peers at 35?), I have finally taken the plunge into blogging.  I am not afraid to admit my faults and I really think that I am not disciplined enough to keep up with the blog.  I have no reason not to.  I work on this computer all day long from my home.  It should be very easy to pop over and make a quick post.  This is all part of a "making my life more productive plan".  Kind of like starting the New Year's resolutions a little early.  It took me two days just to figure out how to create a header and I am not all that happy with it.  I had to use two different Adobe programs then upload it to a web photo hosting site before I could even get it to load onto this blog.  What a pain.  I'm tired and I almost gave up but persevered.  It will all get better with time.

So for my first project posting, I thought I would just post what I have been working on this week.  Xyron will be on QVC later this month again with Lisa Bearnson so I am busy making projects to showcase the Xyron Personal Cutting System.  So far I have created a jewelery box (as you can see in the above picture) that I cut by hand from a pattern that I saw on another blog (and I wish I remember which one). I decorated it using the "A Gift of Love" paper line from BoBunny.  I cut the white fancy square and all the heart using the XPCS.  The heart on the top is actually four hearts stacked to together to give it dimension then I added Doodlebug flocking.  The inside white heart is also flocked but it is hard to tell from the pics.  On the candy jar, I cut the heart file on vinyl using the PCS.  I then used etching cream and etched it on to the jar.  I am very happy with the way it turned out. Need to finish a couple other projects for QVC and then I will post pics of those as I go.

Happy Wednesday!



3 comments: