Monday, December 22, 2008

More Homemade Christmas Gifts

Only three days left to get everything done and of course I am frantically multi-tasking. It's a good thing I am pretty good at that!


I got this milk crate idea from Becky Roberts' blog--Inking Idaho. Her version is smaller so I had to resize everything to make mine a little bit bigger. I am going to fill one carton with homemade hot cocoa mix, one with mini marshmallows, one with some Hershey's kisses and the last with mini candy canes. Then I think I will take a chocolate dipped spoon and tie it on the with the bow for added goodness!   =)   Thanks, Becky, for this awesome idea.



Stampin Up sells this Sizzix die that I absolutely fell in love with called the Top Notch Die. It is exclusive to Stampin Up and it is to use with the Big Shot die cutting system. I seriously did not want to buy a Big Shot just to get that one die especially since I am a Wishblade technician so I imported the jpeg of the die into Create & Cut and redrew it. Now I have it as a Create & Cut file. The best thing of all is that unlike the Sizzix die, I can resize this file to any size I wish. I really love this shape! This is a note card set that I made for a gift using that shape as the polka dot background.  I used the Wishblade for every piece of this card.  I saved money by not having to buy an oval punch or a scalloped oval punch.  YAY!  The box was a tutorial from the Splitcoast Stampers site---love that place! Again, this gift is 100% homemade. Not too shabby. (and saving money, dad!)



I love to make beef jerky this time of year to give out to friends and neighbors. Everyone loves beef jerky and it is pretty tasty, I might add. I quickly stamped a few images and colored them with my new Copic Markers to make a a top to the ziploc bag so it is not so plain.  These are clear acrylic Doodlebug stamps and I used liquid applique on Santa's hat and beard. If you haven't tried using Copics yet, you are missing out on some serious fun.

Peace on Earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment