Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookie Time!



I warned everyone how hard it was going to be for me to keep up with this blogging thing.  In all my defense, though, I couldn't have picked a worse time of the year to start doing this.  We have spent the last week or so making goodies, as we do every year.  We live in a neighborhood that consists of mostly retired folks (except for the new young single man next door-haven't met him yet) and I love to take them homemade goodies at Christmastime.  Sugar cookies are a favorite for the girls because I let them do it all and then I get to clean up the mess.  


The funny thing about our Christmas cookies is that the girls do not stick to the Christmas theme of red and green sprinkles and "jimmies".  We have a bazillion different sprinkles from the bulk food store.  They range from black cows to pink pigs. We also have Valentines, Halloween and even some dinosaurs and fishy ones.   I believe we ended up with some stocking shaped cookies sprinkled with ghosts. Miranda's traditional cookie is a bell shaped one sprinkled with cows to make a......."Cowbell"    =)


I also popped popcorn in a huge pot with oil for the first time in my adult life.  I made caramel popcorn the good way like my mom used to.  When I was a kid, that was the only way that my mother would pop popcorn because we didn't have an air popper.  When microwave popcorn came out, it just made things way too easy.  Needless to say, it was  pretty fun and a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I think I am finally growing up.  My mama would be proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment